Friday, March 2, 2018

Celebrate: No Repeats



While I can't exactly celebrate my "illness" (brain clots and short term memory loss), there are some benefits I've discovered! Last week, I celebrated that hubs bought a new flatscreen TV for us, and it's much easier on the old eyeballs than the old TV set. Yay! Now I've noticed that there are no such things as "repeats." You know -- that movie or sitcom episode that was great the first time, but gets annoying when it comes on again and again? Well, the upside to my condition is that all TV programs are new to me! That Seinfeld episode that I'm sure has been on plenty of times before, now totally makes me giggle and laugh like it's the first time I've seen it. Same with movies. Yes, the movies that get repeated several times on a channel before the network puts on new ones -- no problem here! I can watch that sucker fifty times and won't remember it in detail the next time it comes on. 

Overall, I'm in pretty good physical health, have a great husband, wonderful friends, and a new TV. What more could I ask for? :)

  


My kind and wonderful co-hosts of Celebrate the Small Things are:
L.G. Keltner @ Writing Off The Edge
Tonja Drecker @ Kidbits Blog

Celebrate The Small Things Linky:



Grab the Linky html-code here:


** To see who’s posted for the hop look at my Celebrate The Small Things Blog Roll, left sidebar bottom **


 Celebrate the Small ThingsTo be part of this blog hop, all you have to do is visit the Celebrate page on Lexa's Blog for the rules, and then post every Friday about something you're grateful  for that week.  It can be about writing or family or school or general life.  This is the funnest and easiest blog hop ever! (Originated by VikLit)


19 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Well, that certainly is a plus! You're Fifty First Dates in real life.

The Cynical Sailor said...

You’ve got a great perspective on things �� There are some Seinfeld episodes that still make me laugh even if I’ve seen them multiple times.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

That's a good attitude, Lexa.

And everyone - BLOODWALKER is on sale for .99 cents right now! It's a good time to pick up the ebook.

Natalie Aguirre said...

So glad that you're feeling better. And you have a great attitude toward your memory loss.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I am glad you have found the upside to your condition, Lexa. Your positive attitude is wonderful.

JeffO said...

Glad to see you finding the bright side, Lexa. Be well!

Cathrina Constantine said...

Love your attitude!!! I love our big screen TV too, since that's our main source of entertainment.

Kate Larkindale said...

I guess that is an advantage! But I still find things funny even after seeing them over and over. Airplane - I must have seen that film about 20 times and I still think it's hilarious. And M*A*S*H*. Always funny.

Anonymous said...

There's a silver lining to everything!

Patricia said...

Life happens and it's our attitude that makes it good or bad. Good to see you are doing well and enjoying everything that's old but new again.

Beverly Stowe McClure said...

You also have a beautiful outlook on life, Lexa. So happy you're doing better. And a new TV. Super.

Sue Bursztynski said...

That’s such a brave and positive attitude! Well done! I have just been rereading Wet Grave by Barbara Hambly, one of her many Benjamin January historical mysteries, and I didn’t remember ANYTHING about it! After all these years, nothing whatsoever. So it was like reading it for the first time.

Marie Gilbert said...

I love your bravery. We are all here for you. Love you!!!!

Rhonda Albom said...

Congratulations on being able to look on the bright side. It's a real gift.

cleemckenzie said...

It seems as if things are on the uptick! Keep it going that way.

DMS said...

I love your positive attitude! I think Seinfeld is hilarious- even the reruns. So, I am glad that you can find joy in watching the episodes for the first time again. I am guessing the same thing would happen with reading old favorites. Sending hugs and continued good health your way.
~Jess

Mark Murata said...

You might watch the movie Source Code and see what you think. Although, Colter Stevens had the opposite problem.
I'm glad you're feeling better.

Nas said...

Oh my, Lexa. Hugs my sweetheart. This post makes it more poignant after the most recent development I saw on Facebook. Lots of love and hugs.

My prayers and positive thoughts for you.

L.G. Keltner said...

I'd like to echo the sentiment Nas expressed. This blogging community loves you, and we're all thinking of you during this painful time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...